Orpheum's 19th Annual Art Sale

Orpheum's 19th Annual Art Sale

On Sunday, August 11 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM, the Orpheum Theatre will host over 40 local artists for its 19th Annual Art Sale.

MEMPHIS, TN – On Sunday, August 11 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM, the Orpheum Theatre will host over 40 local artists for its 19th Annual Art Sale. This year’s Art Sale introduces a new format that will allow artists to work directly with buyers to sell their original artwork.

The Orpheum Art Sale promotes Memphis’ diverse and growing creative community. Each year Memphis artists offer attendees a wide variety of styles, mediums, and artistic genres, and this year’s event will also include afternoon treats from the Corked Carrot, a wine tasting, and live music.

The 19th Annual Art Sale will feature over 40 Memphis artists:

Fred Asbury Jaymie Metz

Bill Bailey Billy Moore

Betsy Bird Open Arms Care

Traci Boord Lindsey Penn

Jeanne Booth Rebecca Phillips

Mary Bowman Jeanne Reynolds

Kara Nicole Carter Denise Rikard

Dorothy Collier Joy Routt

Dot Courson Milton D. Ruiz

Terry Dewitt Patty Simon

LaTefy Dolley Laura Summerford

Adam Exelbierd Katie Toombs

Judy Ferguson Judy Vandergrift

April Ford Beasley Ken Walker

David Glover, Jr. James Welch

Julie Hooker Lee West

Bill Hunter G.E. Williamson

Leicha Kennedy Tom Wilson

Rollin Kocsis Holly Wolfe

Mike Maness Scott Wren

Peter Melonas

75% of each sale goes to the artist while the remaining 25% is donated to the Orpheum’s new Centre for Performing Arts and Leadership. Admission to the 19th Annual Art Sale is $10 per person and free to Season Ticket Holders. Tickets are on sale now and available for purchase online at the official Orpheum Theatre website, www.orpheum-memphis.com, or through Brooke Thompson at bthompson@orpheum-memphis.com or 901-529-4224. Tickets may also be purchased at the door.

About The Orpheum Theatre

The Orpheum Theatre is operated by the Memphis Development Foundation, a non-profit organization that depends on the financial support of the community to carry out its mission to foster the enjoyment and understanding of the arts in Memphis, as well as the economic prosperity of Downtown and surrounding areas. For more information, visit www.orpheum-memphis.com or call 901-525-7800. The Orpheum is located at 203 South Main Street Memphis, TN 38103.

# # #

**A separate list of only the featured artists is attached for your use.

TITLE: THE ORPHEUM’S 19TH ANNUAL ART SALE

EVENT TYPE: Auction/Fundraiser

DESCRIPTION: The Orpheum Theatre's Annual Art Sale promotes local Memphis artists who contribute a wide variety of artistic media and an even broader array of creative styles. 75% of each sale goes directly to the artists, and the remaining 25% is donated to the Orpheum's performing arts education programs.

VENUE: The Orpheum Theatre, 203 S. Main Street, Memphis TN 38103

DATE: Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:00 PM

TICKETS: $10 in advance or at the door; Free to Season Ticket Holders

QUESTIONS/TICKET ORDERS: bthompson@orpheum-memphis.com; 901.529.4224

WEB: www.orpheum-memphis.com

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus