The Orpheum's 19th Annual Art Sale Now Accepting Entries

The Orpheum's 19th Annual Art Sale Now Accepting Entries

The Orpheum Theatre invites Memphis-area artists to participate in its 19th Annual Art Sale on Sunday, August 11 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM at the Orpheum.

MEMPHIS, TN – The Orpheum Theatre invites Memphis-area artists to participate in its 19th Annual Art Sale on Sunday, August 11 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM at the Orpheum. This year’s Art Sale introduces a new format that replaces the live and silent auctions featured in past years. Now, artists will work directly with buyers to sell their original artwork.

The Orpheum Art Sale promotes Memphis’ diverse and growing creative community, and this year’s event will be bigger and better than ever before. For the first time, the Annual Art Sale invites artists to reserve individual booths where local artists will have the freedom to curate their own space, speak directly with buyers, and sell their art.

A $25 entry fee provides the artist with two free tickets to the event as well as exhibition space that includes one table, one tablecloth, two chairs, and a display grid. 75% of each sale goes to the artist while the remaining 25% is donated to the Orpheum’s new Centre for Performing Arts and Leadership.

The Orpheum is currently accepting reservations for booths and welcomes artwork in the following categories: drawing, pastels, graphics, printmaking, oils, acrylics, photography, watercolor, sculpture, and mixed media. Artist reservation deadline is Wednesday, August 7, 2013.

The artist or an artist-approved representative must be present for the full duration of the event. Artists will be responsible for transporting, setting up, and breaking down their artwork as well as pricing and selling their pieces. To aid the Orpheum in promoting the artist and the event online and in print, participants are encouraged to provide a digital file of sample artwork to Brooke Thompson at bthompson@orpheum-memphis.com.

Event guests pay a $10 admission fee to attend the sale. In addition to the opportunity to purchase original artwork, attendees will enjoy a wine tasting. Tickets to the event are on sale now and available for purchase online at the official Orpheum Theatre website, www.orpheum-memphis.com, or through Brooke Thompson at bthompson@orpheum-memphis.com or 901-529-4224. Tickets may also be purchased at the door.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus