Collierville Man Dies in House Fire

Collierville Man Dies in House Fire

A Collierville man has died in a fire at his home.
COLLIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Collierville man has died in a fire at his home.

City Fire Chief Jerry Crawford told The Commercial Appeal a space heater started the fire. The body of 55-year-old Denley Andrews was found on a couch where he often slept.

Crawford said the pilot light on the furnace had gone out and Andrews and 49-year-old Terry Maness, who also lived in the home, were using heaters to keep warm. Maness was awakened by a fire alarm late Saturday night, but couldn't awaken Andrews.

___

Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus