Boy Suffers Burns In Apartment Fire

MEMPHIS, Tenn (localmemphis.com) - A boy suffered burns during an apartment fire in South Memphis Saturday night.

At about 9:20pm, Memphis Fire Department responded to the fire in the 1500 block of Havana Street. When they arrived, they saw heavy flames shooting through the roof.

A 12-year-old boy suffered burns through direct contact with flames and was taken to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in non-critical condition.

The boy told firefighters that the fire started in the kitchen when no adults were home at the time.

Red Cross representatives were called to the scene to help 16 adults and 6 children.


Don't Miss

  • Find It
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Win Tickets to See the RiverKings
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • You Could Get Your Mortgage Paid for a Year!
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Featured Employers
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News