LocalMemphisCom_Logo_Horz_5.png
80°F
Sponsored by
FIND IT FACEBOOK TWITTER

4 Survive Gas Poisoning in Southeast Shelby County

Fire officials say four people were taken to hospitals after nearly dying from carbon monoxide gas poisoning in a southeast Shelby County home.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP, abc24.com) - Fire officials say four people were taken to hospitals after nearly dying from carbon monoxide gas poisoning in a southeast Shelby County home.

Shelby County Fire Department spokesman Brent Perkins says a relative of the four victims called 911 after getting no response from inside the home on the 4000-block of Rolling Green Drive Wednesday morning.

Firefighters found two adults in the backyard of the home. An 18-year-old man and a 10-year-old were found unconscious on the floor inside the home.

Paramedics revived the two unconscious victims. The 10-year-old was taken to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital and the three others were taken to Methodist Germantown, all in stable condition.

Perkins says the victims were about 30 minutes from dying. He said they were "very close to a fatal event."

The cause of the carbon monoxide leak is under investigation.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus