Bartlett Landmark Restaurant Catches Fire

Bartlett Landmark Restaurant Catches Fire

An intense Wednesday morning fire shut down a long-time barbecue joint in Bartlett.
BARTLETT, TN (localmemphis.com) - An intense Wednesday morning fire shut down a long-time barbecue joint in Bartlett.

Moma's BBQ on Stage Road looks nearly the same from the outside, but inside is another story.

Restaurant owner Kenny Geiger said the fire started around 4:30 a.m. A cook was preparing for the breakfast crowd when the fryer caught fire and quickly spread.

Geiger said his restaurant has been in business for more than 30 years. Bartlett Mayor Keith McDonald and a number of customers stopped by to offer their support.

"In 31 years we never experienced anything like it, fire or anything like this. We'll get through it. We have a credo: 'It ain't your problems, it's how you deal with it.' So we're going to deal with it," Geiger said.

No one was injured. Geiger plans to rebuild and be back open in three to four months.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus