LocalMemphisCom_Logo_Horz_5.png
61°F
Sponsored by
FIND IT FACEBOOK TWITTER

Neighbors Shocked by East Memphis Double Homicide

Those who live in the upscale east Memphis neighborhood where two men were shot dead in a home invasion are shocked a killer paid A visit to their quiet street.
MEMPHIS, TN (abc24.com) - There are still no arrests in a deadly home invasion in east Memphis. Police say a suspect broke into a home on Yates and opened fire, killing two men early Thursday morning.

The victims were identified as 26-year-old Anthony Conte and 30-year-old Robert Schmidt.

Residents of the quiet upscale neighborhood still can't believe a killer paid a visit.

Salpy Lessman and Paul Burson were two among a steady stream of people that drove down East Yates to see the house where two men were shot to death.

"You feel like you're safe in your neighborhood and then things like this happen," Burson said.

Lessman added, "It's just sad that people break in, kill someone, for what reason?"

The owner of the house, lawyer Allen Jones, said he started receiving phone calls shortly after the shootings. He didn't want to go on camera, but said Conte is a long-time family friend and was house-sitting for the family while they tried to sell the house.

So far the Memphis Police Department hasn't released a motive for the murders, and no suspect information has been provided.

Anyone with information on this deadly home invasion should call CrimeStoppers at (901) 528-CASH (2274). You can also submit your tip at 528cash.org, or text the word AWARD to 274637 (CRIMES). You will remain anonymous, and you could be eligible to receive a cash reward.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus