MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP, abc24.com) - Memphis fire officials say a blaring smoke detector awakened a man who was able to rescue his young children from the family's burning home.
The fire was reported early Wednesday and Fire Department Lt. Wayne Cooke said the man received second-degree burns to one arm. The children, who are 2 and 4 years old, inhaled smoke. All three were taken to hospitals with non-critical injuries.
Fire investigators said the blaze began in a rear hallway and was electrical in nature.