MEMPHIS, Tenn. — After a two-year hiatus, The Southern Heritage Classic is back. As thousands migrate to the Bluff City this weekend, it's tiger against tiger.
Lead by head Coach Deion Sanders, Jackson State is looking to score another victory to remain undefeated. While, Eddie George's TSU tigers are looking for their first win of the season.
On Saturday, general parking opens at 8am and will cost $20.
There are 4,500 parking spaces at the Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium at Liberty Park. You can also purchase tailgating spaces on Tiger Lane online with TicketMaster.
You can find parking map, here.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
There is a clear bag policy at the stadium.
The clear bag can be 12”x6”x 12” or smaller. Small clutches, that are 5”x 7” are okay.
- Chair backs larger than a single seat (a maximum of 18″ wide, 12″ deep with arms)
- Cameras with lens greater than 12” and audio or audio/visual recording devices
- Laptop computers, televisions or any device that may interfere with technology related services provided by the stadium or for its use
- Briefcases, backpacks, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera/video recorder bags
- Air horns or any other artificial noise makers other than those approved by the playing teams or their respective conferences
- Animals (excluding service animals, those approved for shows, entertainment, etc.)
- Fireworks or other explosives
- Laser pens or laser products of any type
- Coolers/Ice Chests
- Outside food or beverages of any kind (alcoholic beverages included) except for medical or infant needs
- Glass, plastic, aluminum & liquid containers
- Poles or sticks
- Balloons, confetti, glitter, objectionable banners or device that may interfere with and/or distract any sports or event participant or stadium guest
- Projectiles of any type including Frisbees, baseballs and beach balls
- Mask or costumes other than those in support of the playing teams excluding any Stadium Management approved themed events
- Weapons of any type, including guns and knives
- Drones or Remote Controlled Model Aircraft (RCMA)
Fans will need a mask. The Liberty Bowl is following the Shelby County health order. The only exceptions are for kids under the age of 3, or if you're eating or drinking.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
8 a.m. Classic Tailgate
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium parking lots and Tiger Lane.
8 a.m. Memphis District Golf Classic
Tunica National Golf & Tennis
11 a.m. Classic Battle of the Bands
Whitehaven High School Stadium
11 a.m. Classic Fashions & Brunch
Renasant Convention Center/Grand Ballroom
6 p.m. Southern Heritage Classic Football Game
Tennessee State vs. Jackson State
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium
HOW TO WATCH AT HOME
If you're not going to the game, you can watch it live on ESPN 3.