Walmart is extending its grocery pickup service to its alcohol aisles.
Wednesday the retailer announced that it will begin offering customers the chance to order wine and beer online and have them delivered to their car at the store.
Customers will find the offer at 2,000 stores in 29 states. It’s a part of Walmart’s current pickup service. Here’s how it works. Customers choose their groceries and adult beverages on Walmart’s website or through its app. once they check out, Walmart workers do the shopping for them.
When the customer comes to pick it up, a Walmart worker will bring their items to their car verify check their ID to make sure they can legally by the alcohol.
Participating Mid-South Stores:
- 798 W Service Rd, West Memphis, AR 72301
- 201 Lanny Bridges Ave, Covington, TN 38019
- 560 W Poplar Ave, Collierville, TN 38017
- 6811 Southcrest Pkwy, Southaven, MS 38671
- 577 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38018
- 7950 Craft Goodman Frontage Rd, Olive Branch, MS 38654
- 6520 Memphis Arlington Rd, Bartlett, TN 38135
- 105 Chickasaw Ridge Dr, Oakland, TN 38060
- 6727 Raleigh Lagrange Road, Memphis, TN 38133
- 4150 Goodman Road West, Horn Lake, MS 38637
- 7525 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN 38125
Walmart is going even further with this offer in two states. The retailer says customers at 200 stores in Florida and California don’t have to go to the store at all. They can get their beer and wine delivered to their homes.