ATLANTA — Many people have, will, or may lose their jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic. The people who are particularly vulnerable to losing their jobs, cannot afford to do so.
The study reads, “The list assumes that the COVID-19 crisis does not ultimately result in widespread, long-term, layoffs of goods-producing workers (i.e. that the crisis will be of modest duration). It focuses on those workers in sectors that are effectively being forced to shut down as a result of social-distancing recommendations or shelter-in-place requirements.”
The most vulnerable jobs include restaurants, food and beverage workers, retail, education, automobile services, travel, attractions, sports, and entertainment.
The Job Quality Index shows people with a weekly average income of under $800, remain the most at-risk population.
According to the Department of Labor, there were 133,820 claims during the week of March 22 through March 28, the highest number of claims it has ever processed in a week. The state said this represents an increase of 1102% over the prior week ending March 21 with 12,140 claims - more claims than were filed during the peak of the 2008-2009 recession.
Still, companies continue to hire to meet coronavirus-related demands, such as delivery firms, essential services and technology companies. And others, like Atlanta-based Coca-Cola, say that they do not plan layoffs.
Here’s a list of companies hiring or offering work-from-home positions:
- Aetna: https://www.aetnacareers.com/
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.jobs/en
- AngelList: https://angel.co/remote
- A Place for Mom: https://www.aplaceformom.com/jobs
- Apple: https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/
- BMarko Structures: https://bmarkostructures.com/careers/
- Bellhops Online Service: https://www.getbellhops.com/being-a-bellhop/
- Collage.com: https://www.glassdoor.com/Jobs/Collage-com-Jobs-E1018553.htm
- Co-Man of GA
- CVS: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/?prefilters=none&CloudSearchLocation=none&CloudSearchValue=none\
- Dollar General: https://careers.dollargeneral.com/
- Domino's: https://jobs.dominos.com/dominos-careers/
- DoorDash: https://www.doordash.com/dasher/signup/
- FlexJobs has remote-based software jobs that include full-time, part-time, and freelance positions: https://www.flexjobs.com/search?search=software&location=remote+
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Georgia Pacific
- Georgia Tech
- Grady Hospital
- GrubHub: https://driver.grubhub.com/
- Home Depot
- Humana: https://humana.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Humana_External_Career_Site
- Instacart: https://news.instacart.com/expanding-our-community-of-household-heroes-a-thank-you-from-apoorva-mehta-instacart-ceo-3e596b5d05a9
- Intuit: https://jobs.intuit.com/search-jobs/
- Kelly Services: https://careers.kellyservices.com/
- Kroger: https://jobs.kroger.com/
- Lionbridge: https://www.flexjobs.com/jobs/telecommuting-jobs-at-lionbridge
- LiveOps: http://www.liveops.com
- Mercer University
- Mueller Group
- Nielsen: https://careers.nielsen.com/en-us/?s=georgia&post_type=openings
- NTT Data
- Outschool: https://outschool.com/teach#abk81wbfzz
- PagerDuty: https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/remote-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,6_IS11047.htm?employerId=704466
- Papa John's: https://jobs.papajohns.com/
- Pizza Hut: https://jobs.pizzahut.com/
- PepsiCo: https://pepsifrontlinecareers.com/
- Publix: https://corporate.publix.com/careers
- Redox: https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/remote-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,6_IS11047.htm?employerId=1266986
- Rosetta Stone: https://rosettastone.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Rosetta_Stone/0/refreshFacet/318c8bb6f553100021d223d9780d30be
- Sun Architectural Products
- SK Battery America
- UnitedHealth Group: https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/
- Walgreens: https://jobs.walgreens.com/
- Walmart: https://careers.walmart.com/
- Williams-Sonoma: https://www.flexjobs.com/jobs/telecommuting-jobs-at-williams-sonoma
- Worldpay: https://careers.fisglobal.com/us/en
- Xerox: https://xerox.taleo.net/careersection/xerox_shared_external_portal/moresearch.ftl
- Zoom: https://jobs.lever.co/zoom
Are you hiring or looking for a job? Head to our Facebook page to share your open positions.
11Alive is focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the virus. We want to keep you informed about the latest developments while ensuring that we deliver confirmed, factual information.
We will track the most important coronavirus elements relating to Georgia on this page. Refresh often for new information.
MORE CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES |