GERMANTOWN, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) – The annual Germantown Holiday Parade will take place Saturday,December 14th. Wednesday, the city released information on roadclosures and expected traffic delays.
(NEWS RELEASE) – A 52-year tradition, the annual Germantown Holiday Parade will take place on Saturday, December 14, at 2 p.m. The traditional parade will feature decorated floats, youth groups, car clubs, local marching bands and an appearance by Santa. The rain date for the parade is Sunday, December 15, at 2 p.m.
This year in support of the U.S. Marine Reserves Toys forTots organization, uniformed Marines and volunteers will travel along theparade route to collect new, unwrapped toys for children. Spare a toy, sharethe joy!
In preparation of the parade, please take a moment to reviewthe event details below.
Parade participants will begin lining up at noon in thesouthbound lanes of Kimbrough Road between Farmington Boulevard and Wolf RiverBlvd. The parade will travel west along Farmington Boulevard and continue toExeter Road, turning north to the Germantown Athletic Club. All spectatorsshould find a spot west of Kimbrough Road along Farmington Boulevard in orderto see the parade.
Friday, December 13
- Traffic barricade placement will begin at 9 a.m. causing sometemporary delays
- Westbound lane of Farmington Blvd. from Kimbrough Road to Exeter Road
- Northbound lane of Exeter Road from Farmington Blvd. to theGermantown Athletic Club
Saturday, December 14
- Southbound lanes of Kimbrough from Wolf River Blvd toFarmington Blvd (Parade entry line-up)
- Southbound lanes of Kimbrough from Farmington Blvd to PineValley Lane
- East and westbound lanes of Farmington from Kimbrough Road toExeter Road.
- The north and southbound lanes of Exeter from Farmington Blvdto Neshoba Road
Rest assured, in the event of an emergency, access pointswill be opened immediately for emergency vehicles.
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation officeat 757-7375. Roads will reopen following the conclusion of the parade.