MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com)- AutoZone Liberty Bowl officials have announced the two teams who will play in the 61st Annual AutoZone Liberty Bowl on Sunday.
Kansas State and Navy will face off inside the Liberty Bowl stadium December 31, 2019 at 2:45 p.m.
This will be the second consecutive year that the Bowl has been played on New Year’s Eve and its the most picked date in it’s history.
About the AutoZone Liberty Bowl:
- The AutoZone Liberty Bowl was founded in 1959, making it the seventh oldest bowl game in America.
- 62 different universities have participated in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.
- In 2018, Oklahoma State beat Missouri in a wild finish 38-33.
- The AutoZone Liberty Bowl’s 61-year history has featured many of college football’s greatest coaches and players: Bear Bryant, Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer, Gary Patterson, Kirby Smart and Heisman Trophy winners Ernie Davis, Terry Baker, Doug Flutie and Bo Jackson. As well as recent star players such as A. J. Green, Dak Prescott, Anthony Miller and Drew Lock.
- The AutoZone Liberty Bowl has an annual economic impact of $25 million to $30 million on the local Memphis economy.