x

Memphis News & Weather | Memphis, TN | WATN - localmemphis.com

One Woman Taken To Hospital After Overnight House Fire

A woman was rushed to the hospital following an overnight house fire.
Local 24 generic – Fire Flames

A woman was rushed to the hospital following an overnight house fire.

The incident occurred on the 2500 block of Kenner Avenue right before 2 a.m. on Saturday.

Upon arrival, Memphis Fire Department reported there were visible flames from a one-story wood-frame home. The fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes.

One woman was transported to St. Francis in non-critical condition with smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire was due to faulty electrical wiring in the attic area. MFD says the residence did not have a working smoke alarm.