MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) – In tonight’s Ransom Note: news you can use.
Kudos to the Memphis Business Journal which combed through an extensive data analysis of more than 100,000 schools in the U.S. to find the top 100 or so in the Memphis area. It’s special because it ranks all area schools, public and private, in Shelby County, Mississippi, and Arkansas.
It looks at more than just test scores, grading them on quality of teachers, number of clubs and activities, their diversity, how they prepare kids for college, and athletics.
Most of the top 15 earned an A+, according to Niche, the company that combined all that data.
Here are the top 15:
- Tara Oaks Elementary (Collierville)
- St. Mary’s (Memphis)
- St. George’s Independent (Collierville)
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic (Memphis)
- Pleasant View (Memphis)
- MUS (Memphis)
- Lausanne Collegiate (Memphis)
- Lakeland Elementary (Lakeland)
- Hutchison (Memphis)
- Houston High (Germantown)
- Farmington Elementary (Germantown)
- Crosswind Elementary (Collierville)
- Bailey Station (Collierville)
- White Station High (Memphis)
- Westminster Academy (Memphis)
Congratulations to all of them and the 85 other on the top 100 list, which you can read here.