WASHINGTON, D.C. (localmemphis.com) – A hearing isbeing held Wednesday in the U.S. House Judiciary Subcommittee on theConstitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties to discuss slavery reparations.
Congressman Steve Cohen of Memphis is Chairman of theSubcommittee.
The 9:00 a.m. CT hearing is expected to include thefollowing witnesses:
- New Jersey Senator Cory Booker;
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, journalist and writer;
- Danny Glover, actor and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for the U.N. Decade for People of African Descent;
- Katrina Browne, documentarian and director of “Traces of the Trade”;
- Coleman Hughes, writer at the online platform Quillette;
- Burgess Owens, former pro football player and conservative writer;
- The Right Reverend Eugene Taylor Sutton, Episcopal Bishop of Maryland;
- Dr. Julianne Malveaux, economist and President Emeritus, Bennett College; and
- Professor Eric J. Miller, Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University.