NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Pasco Sheriff’s Office arrested a 44-year-old Lyft driver after he inappropriately touched a female rider, deputies said.
The sheriff’s office said Juan Carlos Nunez-Sarmiento picked up a woman in New Port Richey June 4 and inappropriately touched her during the ride, after being asked several times to stop.
The victim told detectives Nunez-Sarmiento eventually pulled over and continued to touch her on various parts of her body, prompting her to flee the vehicle.
When Nunez-Sarmiento was asked why he did what he did, he reportedly told detectives, “I am just a man.”
Nunez-Sarmiento was arrested Friday, August 16 and charged with battery.
- Memphis man sentenced to 40 years for hitting 11-year-old girl with car, then abducting & raping her
- The days dwindle down to a precious few – so get to work, says Local 24 News’ Mike Matthews
- Teen sentenced to 30 years for beating & abusing 3 siblings over 3 days, leading to death of 6-year-old girl
- Officials arrest ex-student, saying lyrics threaten school
- New short documentary highlights problem of food deserts in Memphis