SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Money allocated for memorial for 14 people killed in Gatlinburg fire in 2016
- Man arrested after reportedly snapping lewd photos of women at Poplar Plaza Kroger
- United Auto Workers say they will strike until a fair agreement is reached with General Motors
- Bartlett leads Memphis-area school districts with 98% graduation rate
- Man wearing “Scream” mask robs post office and bank within minutes of each other