If you are looking for seasonal work, both FedEx and UPS have announced they are hiring for seasonal employees in the Mid-South.
You can find information on both in the news releases below.
FedEx Seasonal Hiring:
FedEx expects to add more than 55,000 seasonal positions throughout our network to help deliver the holidays this year, and we are looking to hire more than 3250 people in the Memphis area. Openings include package handlers and other support positions, many of which may become full time job opportunities as demand for our services grows and our networks expand. For more information on how to apply, please visit careers.fedex.com.
- Medical coverage after completion of eligibility period with premiums starting under $10/month
- Day and night shifts available
- Vision and dental benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Promote from within philosophy
- Nationwide opportunities with potential to become full-time
- Training and growth opportunities to build a great career
- Employee discount program
- Must be at least 18 years old
- No minimum education requirements
- Five years of residency in the United States required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds for some positions
- Subject to criminal background check and drug screen
- Must provide two forms of valid identification; valid driver’s license required for Material Handler positionTen-year work history required (including time as a student)
UPS Seasonal Hiring:
UPS® (NYSE: UPS) announced today that it expects to hire more than 1200 seasonal employees in the Memphis area to support the anticipated increase in package volume that will begin in November and continue through January 2020. Nationally, UPS expects to hire about 100,000 seasonal employees.
“We expect another record Peak season this year, with daily package deliveries nearly doubling compared to our average of 20 million per day,” said Jim Barber, chief operating officer. “In order to make that happen, once again we’re recruiting more than 100,000 people for some of the country’s best seasonal jobs.”
The full- and part-time seasonal positions – primarily package handlers, drivers and driver-helpers – have long been an entry point for permanent employment at UPS. Many senior UPS executives, including Chairman and CEO David Abney and other members of the company’s senior leadership team, started their UPS careers as part-time employees.
Pay for driver-helpers and package handlers starts at $14 per hour.
Through the company’s Earn and Learn program, eligible seasonal employees who are students can earn up to $1,300 towards college expenses, in addition to their hourly pay, for three months of continuous employment.
Mercy Alvarado is a human resources supervisor in Ft. Worth, Texas who came to UPS as a seasonal employee in 2013. “I started my UPS career as a seasonal driver helper in part because the company’s tuition reimbursement program offered an opportunity to continue my education,” she said. “Since then I’ve not only completed my associate’s and bachelor’s degrees, I’ve been promoted twice and am now a full-time supervisor. UPS is the place where I plan to retire someday, and I’ll always be thankful for this amazing job and opportunity.”
UPS is hiring at the following local locations.
- Memphis – 2971 Carrier St. Memphis, TN 38116
- Bartlett – 3101 New Brunswick Rd. Bartlett, TN 38134
- Oakhaven – 3675 Swinnea Road Memphis, TN 38118
Interested job seekers can easily apply for holiday season opportunities by visiting UPSjobs.com. Applicants must apply online. Videos featuring employees describing their work experience at UPS are also available at the UPS jobs website.