(NEWS RELEASE) – The Peabody Memphis has been named ‘Best Historic Hotel’ in USA TODAY’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards 2019. The award comes as The Peabody celebrates its 150th Anniversary this year.
This is the second consecutive year that the “South’s Grand Hotel” has taken the top spot in the contest, and the fourth year to appear in the Top 3.
The Peabody won 1st Place among a field of 20 historic hotels from around the country. A panel of experts partnered with 10 Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
The 2019 Top 10 winners in the ’Best Historic Hotel’ category are as follows:
- The Peabody Memphis – Memphis
- Mission Inn Hotel & Spa – Riverside Calif.
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem – Bethlehem, Penn.
- Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa – Point Clear, Ala.
- The Hermitage Hotel – Nashville
- Grand Hotel – Mackinac Island, Mich.
- French Lick Resort – French Lick, Ind.
- The Jefferson Hotel – Richmond, Va.
- The Francis House – Calistoga, Calif.
- Wentworth Mansion – Charleston
A Forbes 4-Star, AAA 4-Diamond property, The Peabody Memphis has also been named ‘Best Historic Hotel’ by Historic Hotels of America and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1977.