(SHELBY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT. NEWS RELEASE) – The Shelby County Health Department is providing blood lead testing at Shelby County Schools with elevated lead levels in water samples. The testing is a continuation of testing that began before the winter holidays, and the process will continue for the next several months. Blood samples will be collected from children whose parents returned the screening and consent forms as requested by Shelby County Schools.
If a child is absent on the scheduled testing day, or if the parent did not return the consent forms by the required deadline, free lead testing will be available at all Shelby County Health Department clinics between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The list of clinics and their addresses is below:
- Cawthon Public Health Clinic
- 1000 Haynes, 38114
- Collierville Public Health Clinic
- (Tues. & Thurs. only)
- 167 Washington St., 38017
- Hickory Hill Public Health Clinic
- 6590 Kirby Center Cove, 38118
- Immunization Clinic
- 814 Jefferson, Rm. 216, 38105
- Millington Public Health Clinic
- 8225 Highway 51 North, 38053
- Shelby Crossing Public Health Clinic
- 6170 Macon Road, 38133
- Southland Mall Public Health Clinic
- 1287 Southland Mall, 38116
No appointment or proof of health insurance is required, but a parent or legal guardian must accompany the child. For more information about lead and lead screening and testing, please visit our website: www.shelbytnhealth.com or call 901-222-9000.