Three more women claim former “Survivor” contestant Silas Gaither raped them

Local I-Team

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) – The Local I-Team uncovered more rape allegations against former “Survivor” contestant and Germantown resident Silas Gaither. The actor was arrested on rape and aggravated assault charges this week.

Gaither was released from the Shelby County jail on $50,000 bond Tuesday morning. According to indictments, the 41-year-old is accused of raping and assaulting a woman in May 2018.

Silas Gaither / Credit: Shelby County Sheriff’s Office

In addition to the charges Gaither is facing in that case, the Local I-Team talked to three woman who all claim he raped them. One woman said her rape happened in Florida, another said hers happened in Collierville, and a third in Germantown.

In the report filed in February in Germantown, the victim said she was raped at his house. Germantown police said it wasn’t prosecuted because the victim declined prosecution. The victim told the Local I-Team that investigators talked her out of prosecuting, saying she didn’t have a case and it was a waste of time.

A victim in Collierville also filed a police report but told the Local I-Team she was too scared to prosecute.

The Florida victim said she wants Gaither to be charged in her case, but so far it hasn’t happened.

When we went to Gaither’s Germantown home, no one would answer the door.

If there are other victims out there, they are being urged to call police. Gaither is due back in court in early January.

©TEGNA Inc. 2019. All Rights Reserved.

What's Trending Now

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Event Calendar