(localmemphis.com) – It’s tradition to celebrate Independence Day with family, friends, food, and fireworks. Areas across the Mid-South want to be a part of your celebrations with several different events to honor the holiday.
Thursday, June 27:
- Patriotic Pops at Levitt Shell – As part of the Orion Free Music Concert Series, Levitt Shell will host the annual Patriotic Pops concert featuring the Memphis Wind Symphony. A fireworks show will begin at the concert’s close.
- When: 7:30pm-9pm
- Where: Levitt Shell, 1928 Poplar Avenue
Saturday, June 29:
- Arlington’s Star Spangled Spectacular – Arlington will hold its seventh annual Star Spangled Spectacular with food, music and a fireworks show at 9:15 p.m. June 29. The public is invited to attend.
- When: 6pm-9:30pm, Fireworks start at 9:15pm
- Where: Arlington Sports Complex, 11307 Memphis Arlington Road in Arlington
Wednesday, July 3:
- Memphis Redbirds Independence Day Celebration – Join the Memphis Redbirds in celebrating America’s independence with an all-you-can-eat buffet and a game against the New Orleans Baby Cakes. A post-game fireworks show will light up the stadium to end the night. *You do have to pay to get into the game.
- When: Gates open at 5pm
- Where: AutoZone Park, 200 Union Avenue in Memphis
- Fireworks Extravaganza (Bartlett) – Bartlett will host its annual Star Spangled Fireworks Extravaganza with live music by the Bartlett Community Concert Band and Jamie Baker & the VIPS. The event features concessions, children’s activities and a car show.
- When: 6pm, Fireworks start at 9:10pm
- Where: Bobby K. Flaherty Municipal Center, U.S. 70 and Appling Road in Bartlett
- Collierville Independence Day Celebration – Collierville will host a community celebration of Independence Day with music, food and a fireworks show. The event will also honor veterans.
- When: 6pm-10pm, Fireworks start at 9:30pm
- Where: H.W. Cox Park, 440 W. Powell Road in Collierville
- Hernando Independence Day Fireworks – Hernando will celebrate the Fourth of July with fireworks, food and live entertainment from KC Johns. The event plays out on the ballfield at Hernando Civic Center.
- When: 5pm-10pm, Fireworks start at 9:15pm
- Where: Hernando Civic Center, 3800 Robertson Gin Road in Hernando, MS
- Flag City Freedom Celebration (Millington) – Millington will mark Independence Day with fireworks, food and family fun. The event begins at 4 p.m. and will feature live music, a car show and a children’s area. The fireworks show will begin right after sunset. *Cost is $5 per carload.
- When: 4pm-10pm, Fireworks start after sunset
- Where: USA Stadium Complex, 4351 Babe Howard Blvd. In Millington
- City of Horn Lake Grand Fireworks Display & Festival – Horn Lake will celebrate America’s independence with a fireworks show, presented by Belhaven University. The event also will include food and live music at 7 p.m.
- When: 4-10pm, Fireworks start at 9pm
- Where: Latimer Lake Park, 5633 Tulane Road in Horn Lake, MS
Thursday, July 4
- Graceland All-American Party & Firework Extravaganza (Memphis) – The free evening will include live music from Brad Birkedahl, a chance for guests to take photos with Kyle Busch’s #18 NASCAR show car while testing their skills in a show car simulator, a bounce house and other kids’ activities, great food, and more. Exhibits, shops, and restaurants at Graceland will be free after 7pm. A fireworks display hosted by DJ Argo of Sirius XM Elvis Radio and set to Elvis’ classic hits will start around 9pm.
- When: All day, Fireworks start around 9pm
- Where: Elvis Presley’s Graceland in Memphis
- Germantown Fireworks Extravaganza – Germantown’s annual Fourth of July event is back with moon bounces, music and more. The evening kicks off at 5 p.m. with live music and games. A fireworks show is set for 9 p.m.
- When: 5pm-10:30pm, Fireworks start at 9pm
- Where: Municipal Park, 1900 S. Germantown Road in Germantown
- Independence Day Spectacular at Mud Island (Memphis) – Memphis River Parks Partnership will host live music and a fireworks show along the Mississippi River to celebrate Independence Day. Officials suggest bringing a picnic basket for friends and family to enjoy the night at Mud Island Park.
- When: 6pm-10pm, Fireworks start at 9:15pm
- Where: Mud Island Park, 125 N. Front Street in Memphis
- Southaven July 4th Celebration – Southaven will host its annual Independence Day celebration at the BankPlus Amphitheater at Snowden Grove Park. Go early because gates will close once the amphitheater is full.
- When: Gates open at 4pm, Fireworks start at 9:15pm
- Where: BankPlus Amphitheater at Snowden Grove Park, 6285 Snowden Lane in Southaven, MS
- 20th Annual Celebrate Your Independence Fireworks & Festival (Olive Branch, MS) – Olive Branch will mark the Fourth of July with its 20th Annual Celebrate Your Independence Fireworks & Festival. The event features food vendors, a Kids Zone and a fireworks show with music.
- When: 4pm-11pm
- Where: Olive Branch City Park, 8267 Goodman Road in Olive Branch, MS