SOUTHAVEN, Miss. (localmemphis.com) – An investigation is underway after a patient at Baptist Memorial Hospital- DeSoto apparently tried to set fire to a couch.
According to hospital officials, they believe a patient tried to set fire to a couch in their room. The couch did not catch fire, but did cause a lot of smoke, which triggered the sprinkler in that room.
A hospital spokesperson says patients were moved from that wing to other rooms as a precaution. The hospital was not evacuated.
The investigation is continuing.