MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) – UPDATE 12/6/2019 – Memphis Police say two people have been arrested and indicted and six others are wanted after being indicted in rioting in Frayser in June.
According to MPD, 30-year-old Derrick Stewart was taken into custody without incident after being indicted for aggravated riot. 41-year-old Sonny Webber was taken into custody without incident after being indicted for aggravated riot and aggravated assault.
Memphis police say six others have been indicted and have NOT been taken into custody.
- Derrion Childs (19) is wanted for Aggravated Riot and Aggravated Assault.
- Jashuan Hall (18) is wanted for Aggravated Riot.
- Karlando Clark (37) is wanted for Aggravated Riot and Aggravated Assault.
- Jamal Henderson (29) is wanted for Aggravated Riot.
- Dazjah Crump (20) is wanted for Aggravated Riot and Felony Vandalism.
- Darrin Askew (22) is wanted for Aggravated Riot, Aggravated Assault, and Felony Vandalism.
Investigators are still working to identify additional suspects relative to this investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) – 8/14/2019 – Leaders with Memphis Police are hoping opening their wallet will encourage people to open their mouths. They want people to turn in those involved in what CrimeStoppers calls riots in Frayser in June.
Dozens of police officers and bystanders were injured the night Brandon Webber was killed by U.S. Marshals trying to serve a warrant. Webber was wanted for a violent carjacking in DeSoto County.
Upset crowds took to the streets to protest. Some started to throw bricks and rocks at officers and squad cars.
Police are looking for three men for assaulting or threatening police officers. If you recognize them call CrimeStoppers at (901) 528-cash. You could receive a $1,000 reward.