Candles blamed for deadly early morning fire in Whitehaven

News

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) – A woman and a dog are dead after an early morning house fire in Whitehaven. Fire investigators say candles burning in a bedroom are to blame.

According to the Memphis Fire Department, firefighters responded to the 1600 block of Wilson Rd. just before 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. They were able to get the fire under control about 5:45 a.m.

The woman was found dead in the bedroom. Her identity has not been released. A dog also died in the home from the fire.

The Memphis Fire Department says three adults were able to get out of the home. The Red Cross is assisting them.

©TEGNA Inc. 2019. All Rights Reserved.

What's Trending Now

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Event Calendar